KENT COUNTY, Mich. - Michigan Auto Law and their team of auto accident attorney's have put together a list of the 10 most dangerous intersections in Kent County in 2018.
The group of attorneys wrote a blog post "so local drivers can use extra caution when traveling through these areas."
According to the Michigan Traffic Crash Facts, 30 percent of all fatal crashes occurred at intersections in 2017.
The list, provided by the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit, includes:
- US-131 at Wealthy Street, Grand Rapids, 85 Total Crashes, 24 Injuries
- 28th Street at I-96, Cascade Twp, 75 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- Burton Street SW at US-131, Grand Rapids, 72 Total Crashes, 17 Injuries
- 28th Street SE at Breton Road SE, Grand Rapids, 69 Total Crashes, 12 Injuries
- 28th Street SE at Broadmoor Avenue SE, Grand Rapids, 60 Total Crashes, 16 Injuries
- Beltline Avenue East at I-96, Grand Rapids, 58 Total Crashes, 15 Injuries
- 28th Street SE at Kalamazoo Avenue SE, Grand Rapids, 57 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- 28th Street SE at East Paris Avenue SE, Grand Rapids, 52 Total Crashes, 13 Injuries
- Beltline Avenue East at Lake Eastbrook Boulevard SE, Grand Rapids, 52 Total Crashes, 11 Injuries
- 28th Street SW at Clyde Park Avenue SW, Wyoming, 51 Total Crashes, 18 Injuries
For a complete list on the most dangerous intersections in Michigan, click here.
*Data includes any car accident (including fender benders, injury car crashes and fatal car crashes) that occurred within 250 feet of the intersection, including turnarounds and on/off ramps to highways. “Intersection” is defined as any road with a traffic signal, four-way stop or roundabout.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.