A significant severe weather outbreak is possible late Wednesday night through Thursday morning, while most of you may be sleeping.
The main threats include:
- 'Hurricane-force' winds of 80+ mph. This could create widespread power outages.
- Locally heavy downpours leading to minor flooding.
- Large hail and isolated tornadoes.
You should have a way to receive weather alerts that will wake you up if necessary, such as a NOAA weather radio.
If you have an iPhone, go to:
- Scroll to the bottom to Government Alerts
- Turn on Emergency Alerts and Public Safety Alerts
Chief Meteorologist George Lessens
George is a graduate of Penn State University working for 13 On Your Side over 40 years. He is a twelve-time MAB® Weathercast Award Winner and two-time EMMY® Award Winner.
Contact me at: GeorgeLessens@13OnYourSide.com