Election Coverage 2022
On Tuesday, Nov. 8, Michiganders will vote in the midterm election to decide the next governor, representatives, and important municipal positions.
One of the key races this midterm election is the race for Michigan governor. Incumbent Democrat Gretchen Whitmer faces newcomer Republican Tudor Dixon, who beat out a crowded field of candidates in the August primary.
There are also three ballot proposals that voters statewide will decide on: term limits for state legislators, expanded voting rights measure and a constitutional right to abortion.
Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Click here for a voting guide.
Click for full map
* Indicates an incumbent
GovernorPrecincts: 4,690 / 4,690 (100% reporting)
Gretchen Whitmer (D)*
Tudor Dixon (R)
Mary Buzuma (Lib)
Donna Brandenburg (UST)
Kevin Hogan (Grn)
Daryl Simpson (NLP)
- Judge denies move for sanctions against Kari Lake
- Kent County Clerk oversees partial recount of Proposal 3, Grand Rapids School board race
- Raphael Warnock defeats Herschel Walker in Georgia Senate race
- Proposal 2 passed in Michigan, now what? Clerk raises concerns
- Why AP has called control of the US House for Republicans
- Republicans win control of the House
- Congress returns for busy lame-duck session
- Cortez Masto wins in Nevada, giving Democrats Senate control
- Mark Kelly wins Arizona Senate race; Democrats 1 win from Senate control
- Election results cause turmoil within Michigan GOP