GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — You've been in an accident, but it's not your fault. Michigan Auto Law Attorney Brandon Hewitt had advice for what to do after an auto accident. He says first things first, call the police, even if the other driver doesn’t want you to. After that, Hewitt advises drivers to:
- Seek medical attention
- Help others get medical attention
- Make sure your injuries are documented
- Gather information from the at-fault driver
- Preserve evidence
- Move your car out of the road
- File an application for No-Fault benefits
- Don’t give statements or sign releases for the insurance companies:
- Talk to an experienced car accident lawyer
Whoever’s at fault, if you’ve had an auto accident and you need the help of an attorney, contact Michigan Auto Law at www.michiganautolaw.com or call 1-888-995-8441.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.