After the flooding finally started to slow down in West Michigan, the waters continue to be a problem in Grandville.
On Facebook this morning, a video was posted of a driver stranded in high water near Busch Drive and Sanford Avenue. According to Kent County Dispatch, the man drove into water that was too deep, and he couldn't get out.
Crews had to use excavation equipment of get the man, carrying him to dry land.
In Grandville, the roads that are currently closed due to flooding:
- Indian Mounds Drive
- White Street west of Wilson Avenue
- White Street east of Wilson between Church and Ottawa
- Division north of the RR tracks
- Franklin between RR tracks and White Street
- Sanford north of Nardin
- Busch Drive
- Chicago Drive at East (Wyoming) City Limit (Outside lanes closed)
- Broadway Avenue north of RR tracks
- Chicago Drive at Rush Creek (Jenison) including WB I-196 ramps
- Wilson between Chicago Drive and M-11
The City of Grandville has sand and sand bags available at the Department of Public Works, 4095 White Street.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.